Firmware Beta 3.10
Zappiti 4K HDR - Restore Procedure
Changes since the previous version:
- Improved HDR > SDR conversion feature to enjoy HDR content on TVs and projectors that are incompatible with HDR technology. Warning! As with HDR compatible TVs and front projectors, HDR content requires special video calibration (dedicated memory) for optimal display. On Sony TVs and front projectors, the TriLuminos mode can be closer to the rendering of the REC. 2020 gamut. On front projectors, the DCI gamut can approach the REC. 2020 gamut. On TVs or projectors that do not have a wide gamut, we recommend desaturating colors at 33 instead of 50 (default).
- Improvement of black levels that could be crushed.
- New homepage allowing direct access to the Zappiti Music app. Change of the "Zappiti" button to "Video".
- New, more modern wallpaper for the player's homepage (press the Delete key to switch between graphic themes).
- New video player with a new, more modern graphical interface.
- Added info on the Pause screen including: the file name and its container, the audio codec of the current track, the number of channels and the sampling, the language of the current subtitles and the chapter in course.
- In PAUSE mode, all info disappeared after a few seconds.
- Changing the position and size of the PLAY / PAUSE icon in the middle of the screen.
- Added translations for the video playback interface in several languages including: French, Italian, Turkish, Spanish, German, Greek, Polish, Dutch, Hungarian, Thai.
- Changing the position of the time bar so that it respects the overscan.
- Fixed the playback of MKV 3D MVC files that was not working on the previous version of the firmware.
- Fixed lossless audio playback of 96 kHz and 192 kHz samplings that were converted to 48 kHz in coaxial, optical and HDMI digital audio output.
- Fixed an HDR to SDR failover problem when exiting an HDR video at 50 or 60p.
- Fixed a fluidity issue that may occur on 4K HDR 50 or 60p files.
- Fixed a chapter reversal problem on MKV files.
- Fixed a text pixelation issue that could occur when launching Zappiti Explorer using the shortcut on the remote.
- Addition of an automatic selection function of external subtitles and forced external subtitles according to the default language. Click here for more info...
- Solved a zoom issue presented black border on starting.
1. It is not possible to access the internal or local drive connected to the Zappiti from a local network using a MAC computer. No issue reported on Windows.
2. This version cannot playback 4K files (green screen) on OLED TVs. To solve this issue, please go to the video settings, then switch OFF the CVBS option. Warning! This option is reactivated each time the player is restarted.
During the process, after the Android logo, the TV screen can switch to GREEN or BLACK for a while. This is normal! Please absolutly not restart or switch off your Zappiti during the full process.
Restore Firmware Procedure via USB.
Warning! This procedure will reset all your personal settings and account information.
Thank you to carefully read all of this procedure first! Then please follow the process step by step by reading them one more time.
- Download the firmware file here bellow on the internal HDD of your computer. (Not directly on the flash drive).
> Click here to download the firmware file for Zappiti Mini 4K HDR
> Click here to download the firmware file for Zappiti One 4K HDR / Duo 4K HDR
Note: As the Zappiti Mini 4K HDR have less memory than the two other models, the firmware file is different.
Note for MAC users: to download a IMG file without decompressing it, go to the Safari settings, then uncheck "Automatically open reliable files."
- Place the IMG file on a USB flash drive formatted in FAT32.
- Switch off the Zappiti player by using the Power On / Off button located on the back side.
- Connect the USB flash drive into the USB port of the media player located next to the "RESTORE" button and disconnect the network cable.
- Press the "RESTORE" button by using a paper clip (small hole located on the side of the unit). While holding the reset button, turn on the player via the power button on / off at the rear of the unit. Hold the "RESTORE" button within 5 seconds, then release it. A "Z" logo will appear during 30 sec. Then, the upgrade process will start and a progress bar will be displayed on the screen.
- WARNING! Do not turn off the media player before the full reset.
- A percentage will be displayed on the screen.
IMPORTANT: if you have black screen, switch off the player and try again by checking the following points:
- Please use USB Flash drive up to 4GB. Some of 8GB and over may not works.
- Try again by connecting your Zappiti media player directly to your TV (without AV receiver or soundbar).
- Did you try to download again the firmware? Maybe the firmware ahve been incorrectly downloaded.
- Did you download the firmware file on the internal HDD of your computer or directly on your USB flash memory drive? You have to download it on the internal HDD of your computer. (Not directly on the flash drive).
- Did you try to plug your USB flash drive on another USB input? If it doen't work on the USB 2.0 port, try again on another USB port.
- The first initial boot after the firmware update is very long. If you switched off the player during the first initial boot, your firmware is dead. In such case, please contact us...
- The percentage 99% or 100% is very long. This is quite normal. Please wait until the appearance of "Z" logo. As long as the Zappiti logo is not displayed, do not turn off or disconnect the player above! Warning! The first initial start up is VERY long (1-2 min). So thank you for your patience throughout the initialization of the media player until you reach the player's home page (Zappiti / Explorer / MyApps). DO NOT RESTART the player until the main page appears.
- After the first initial boot, connect the Ethernet cable (if you are using it usually). Then we advise you to restart the player for better performances. The second boot should be much faster.
- After the second reboot, please click on "Settings", then set your language.