Restore Firmware Procedure via USB.
Warning! This procedure will reset all your personal settings and account information.
Thank you to carefully read all of this procedure first! Then please follow the process step by step by reading them one more time.
- Download the firmware file here bellow on the internal HDD of your computer. (Not directly on the flash drive).
> Click here to download the firmware file for Zappiti Mini 4K HDR
> Click here to download the firmware file for Zappiti One 4K HDR / Duo 4K HDR
Note: As the Zappiti Mini 4K HDR have less memory than the two other models, the firmware file is different.
- Place the IMG file on a USB flash drive formatted in FAT32.
- Switch off the Zappiti player by using the Power On / Off button located on the back side.
- Connect the USB flash drive into the USB port of the media player located next to the "RESTORE" button and disconnect the network cable.
- Press the "RESTORE" button by using a paper clip (small hole located on the side of the unit). While holding the reset button, turn on the player via the power button on / off at the rear of the unit. Hold the "RESTORE" button within 5 seconds, then release it. A "Z" logo will appear during 30 sec. Then, the upgrade process will start and a progress bar will be displayed on the screen.
- WARNING! Do not turn off the media player during this process.
- IMPORTANT: if you have black screen, switch off the player and try again by checking the following points:
- Please use USB Flash drive up to 4GB. Some of 8GB and over may not works.
- Try again by connecting your Zappiti media player directly to your TV (without AV receiver or soundbar).
- Did you try to download again the firmware? Maybe the firmware ahve been incorrectly downloaded.
- Did you download the firmware file on the internal HDD of your computer or directly on your USB flash memory drive? You have to download it on the internal HDD of your computer. (Not directly on the flash drive).
- Did you try to plug your USB flash drive on another USB input? If it doen't work on the USB 2.0 port, try again on another USB port.
- The first initial boot after the firmware update is very long. If you switched off the player during the first initial boot, your firmware is dead. In such case, please contact us...
- The percentage 99% or 100% is very long. This is quite normal. Please wait until the appearance of "Z" logo. As long as the Zappiti logo is not displayed, do not turn off or disconnect the player above! Warning! The first initial start up is VERY long (1-2 min). So thank you for your patience throughout the initialization of the media player until you reach the player's home page (Zappiti / Explorer / MyApps). DO NOT RESTART the player until the main page appears.
- After the first initial boot, connect the Ethernet cable (if you are using it usually). Then we advise you to restart the player for better performances. The second boot should be much faster.
- After the second reboot, please click on "Settings", then set your language.