Zappiti 4K HDR Series. The best movie watching experience ever.
Zappiti designs and manufactures only professional grade Video Management Systems;
delivering the highest quality, outstanding performance, and best possible user experience.
All of the Zappiti products are designed to provide our end-user customers with convenient and intuitive access to their entire movie library collection, in stunning 4K, High Definition resolution. The award winning Zappiti devices are being successfully used to improve the movie watching experience, in residential and commercial environments all over the globe. The Zappiti Duo 4K HDR sets an entirely new standard for home entertainment. It supports the majority of digital audio and video formats, including the most modern HEVC video codec with one billion colors (10-Bit color encoding), all modern 3D video standards with 3D subtitles, and features HDMI 2.0, 4K 60p, HDR, DTS:X for the best possible home theater experience.
New features compared to the previous generation
Zappiti Player 4K Duo
Zappiti Duo 4K HDR
512 KB L2
1 MB L2
1 GB DDR2
2 GB DDR4
2.0a / MHL 3.0 Tx
No (HEVC only)
Yes (up to 24p)
Yes (4K 50p/60p)
24 / 60 Hz ou 24 / 50 Hz
23.976 / 24 / 50 / 59.94 / 60 Hz
23.976 Hz 4K
HEVC max bitrate
Default subtitle setting
Default language setting
3D depth setting
MKV 3D MVC
VP9 video codec
Codec audio WMA
4096 x 4096 pixels max
8192 x 8192 pixels max
Audio digital coaxial output
Zappiti Share (Multiroom video)
Yes (up to 4 rooms in Blu-ray quality)
Local network transfer
Zappiti Transfer (up to 20 MB/s)
SMB Server (up to 115 MB/s)
Max number of simultaneous transfers
Up to 50 files
OTA firmware update
USB firmware update
with save settings option
Discrete IR codes ON/OFF
Backlit remote control
Zappiti MagicPixel v2.
Forget expensive outboard video processors… with Zappiti, you're living the video dream! The Zappiti Duo 4K HDR incorporates Zappiti MagicPixel v2 technology, which offers outstanding picture quality - far better than the previous generations - with improved dynamics, accuracy colorimetry, more contrast, solid deinterlacing and better upscaling (up to 4K resolution). Even on a Full HD 1080p TV or a front projector, you will be astounded by the improved image of your display! 3D also offers greater image depth and an impressive, immersive effect.
Zappiti Duo 4K HDR features HDMI 2.0a output to provide the best compatibility with latest 4K video content such as 4K60p or HDR. Zappiti MagicPixel upscales your video files up to UHD (3840x2160) into 4x times Full HD! The high-quality upgrade dramatically improves video image quality. If you don't own an Ultra HD 4K display, don't worry! In addition, Zappiti "4K Full HD" technology converts Ultra HD video content into extremely high-quality 1080p uncompressed 4:4:4 video to enjoy 4K content on Full HD 1080p displays. This process increases the resolution by about 30% compared with Blu-ray on a 1080p TV. With Zappiti MagicPixel v2, the benefits of 4K are not restricted to large screen sizes.
The Zappiti Duo 4K HDR is compatible with Zappiti Media Center V4. Zappiti offers cover art exploration, while also providing detailed information (subtitles, actors, director, release date...), for your movie and TV show files. Zappiti features an automatic category index of movies and TV shows. Then you can edit information for every file, change the cover, directly from the player with the RC, or even from your computer MAC/PC.
The amazing new Zappiti Duo 4K HDR sets an entirely new standard in Media Center with an astonishing GUI, 3D effects, motion design, reflections and optional, beautiful skins. Zappiti settings allow you to enable/disable some visual features such as top movie covers (Blu-ray, DVD, MKV, etc...), and light effects.
Several graphical templates are available (classic or silver*).
*The silver template is sold in option.
Sagas films are automatically placed in groups and sorted by release date. A saga cover dedicated to the collection is associated with the group and movies are displayed in a stunning carousel with great 3D motion effects!
With the parental control feature, you can designate movies as "children's" and block access to other movies with a PIN code. Thus, your children can safely access only their movies! In addition, the child mode provides direct access to movies without the synopsis for greater ease of use.
Zappiti Media Control.
Control your Zappiti player with the virtual remote control via your tablet or smartphone, explore your movie collections and enjoy most Zappiti features directly from your tablet or smartphone: edit a movie cover, launch the trailer, edit a movie sheet, mark a movie for children, etc.
With the new "Zappiti Share" feature, you can share video files stored on the internal (or external) hard drive to other Zappiti media players (including older generation). So with "Zappiti Share", you can benefit from a true mutiroom video system and playback up to 4 files at the same time in different rooms in Blu-ray quality!
You can also share other types of media files such as music or photo content.
Thanks to Zappiti Sync, your movie collections are automatically synchronized to your other Zappiti players (multiroom) and to all your computers MAC and PC! This feature is compatible with Zappiti Duo 4K HDR and Zappiti 4K HDR ranges.
audio photo & video.
With AirPlay, you can send anything you see or watch on your iPhone, iPad or iMac to your Zappiti player via a simple Wi-Fi connection. For example: you can send photos from your phone to your TV screen, connected to the Zappiti player, up to 1080p resolution. This option also works with Android devices, via a dedicated application which can be downloaded.
Thanks to Zappiti Sub, you can easily download the subtitles of a movie or TV show episode, directly from the Zappiti Duo 4K HDR!
Easy access to your movies or TV shows thanks to Zappiti powerful search engine combined with smart filters (actor, director, length, rating, release date...).
By default, the movie covers are displayed on 2 lines. But it is possible to customize the display to: 2, 3, 4 or 5 lines (Movie Wall). You are able to modify the number of covers displayed on the screen depending on the size of your TV or projector image size.
Easily control the Zappiti Duo 4K HDR media player with the IR remote control (accessory included). You can also control the player using a wireless mouse or keyboard (not supplied). In addition, the Zappiti Duo 4K HDR can be controlled by the leading brands of universal remote controls such as ProControl, RTI, Control4 or Logitech Harmony.
Direct access buttons.
Switch instantly from one application to another (Zappiti or Explorer) using the direct access buttons: image ratio, 3D, subtitles, audio tracks, repeat mode ...
The Zappiti Duo 4K HDR is totally passively cooled and does not use a fan for ultimate quiet experience thanks to its fully metal housing and ventilation holes!
Hot swap HDD slot.
With its 3.5 "SATA hot-swap rack, the Zappiti Duo 4K HDR is capable of supporting up to 16TB of data internally; the equivalent of about 300 Blu-rays on a single hard disk. And as it is possible to exchange hard drives, you have no capacity limit! With the Zappiti Duo 4K HDR, you no longer need to worry about storage problems.
Note: When using multiple hard disks, we recommend that you create a Zappiti collection for each hard drive.
HHD not included.
HEVC / H.265.
The Zappiti Duo 4K HDR supports H.265 / HEVC
up to 4K video. HEVC is the successor to H.264, with up to 50% file size savings. It also support VP9, the new open and royalty free video coding format developed by Google.
Zappiti Real Cinema.
Movies are shot at 24 frames per second (fps), but video files or Blu-ray typically display them at 23.976 fps. In addition, many media players or set-top-boxes typically outpout it at 24.000 Hz, a conversion that creates an irregular flow of images. The Zappiti Real Cinema maintains the original rate 23.976 fps or 24.000 fps straight through to the screen, depending on video content. You get the same, natural motion as original movie stored on a Blu-ray disc. The result is less like television, and more like the movie theater.
The video output frequency auto switch from 23.976 Hz, 24 Hz, 50 Hz and 59.,94 Hz (60 Hz). The 25p is auto up-converted to 50 Hz and the 30p to 60p.
Enjoy all your 3D BD ISO and 3D MKV MVC movies files in true Full HD quality when linked up to any 3D-enabled TV or front projector for enhanced depth and improved on-screen image detail (two times better resolution than 3D Side-by-Side or Top-Bottom) with 3D subtitle support. Many 3D settings available including: 3D image depth, 3D subtitle depth, 3D interface depth, manual reversal of left-right images.
With HDR (High Dynamic Range) support, the Zappiti Duo 4K will offer you images of striking realism by perfectly restoring all the richness and variations of light intensity of the HDR content with much more contrast and dynamics than with traditional video content.
Note: Requires Ultra HD Premium certified TV.
10-Bit & REC.2020.
Enjoy an extended color range with the REC.2020 format (much broader color space than traditional video) and an increased number of shades (1024 levels instead of 256 levels per primary color) support for 10-bit color encoding format.
The gradients will offer increased nuances; with colors more realistic and vibrant!
Enjoy the most amazing multichannel audio formats included Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD in 5.1 or 7.1, and even DTS:X and Dolby Atmos®, two revolutionary new audio technologies that transports you into extraordinary entertainment experiences. These new audio systems create powerful, moving audio by introducing two important concepts to cinema sound: audio objects and overhead speakers.
With the power of the new Realtek processor and Zappiti applications, enjoy real multitasking. Imagine: you can watch a movie during the indexing of TV series and files are being transferred via Zappiti Explorer at the same time! You can also cancel the copying of a particular file in the list of files being transferred using the current task window. And as the Zappiti Explorer and Zappiti Media Center applications are active simultaneously in the background, you can switch from one to the other instantly.
High speed network transfer and playback
With the next-generation Gigabit Ethernet bus, data rates are at peak levels: up to 115 MB/s in file transfer (20 MB/s on previous models) and up to 400 Mb/s in HEVC file playback. That is 7 times the bitrate of the Blu-ray format and 3 times the throughput of the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray format!
Zappiti products have been specially designed to operate in high-end installations and integrations: multi-level security locking, IP and IR control codes for Control4, Crestron, ProControl, RTI, Pronto, Logitech Harmony, Middle Atlantic rack panel, discrete codes ON / OFF ...
Supporting almost all video and audio formats, codecs and file containers, including all modern video standards such as HDMI 2.0, Ultra HD 4K, HDR, 3D subtitles and HEVC / H.265 (up to 10-Bit), the Zappiti Duo 4K HDR sets an entirely new standard. The all new Zappiti Duo 4K HDR is equipped with an internal 3.5" SATA HDD dual-bay with hot swap function for huge total capacity (up to 32 TB) and offers powerful Wi-Fi 5G and Ethernet gigabit network capability. The Zappiti Duo 4K HDR is compatible with most audio and video formats such as ISO Blu-ray, M2TS, MKV, home theater audio (Dolby Atmos or DTS:X) and high-resolution lossless audio files up to 32 Bit / 192 kHz. This new player is also compatible with the new Zappiti Media Center v4 application for the best possible home theater experience.
A universal media center
● Zappiti MagicPixel v2: Enjoy outstanding picture quality - far better than the previous generations - with improved dynamics, accuracy colorimetry, increased contrast, solid deinterlacing and better upscaling (up to 4K resolution). Even on a Full HD 1080p TV or a front projector, you will be astounded by the image of your display! 3D also offers better image depth and an impressive, immersive effect. ● HDR: Display your HDR video content, while also providing increased dynamic range on your HDR display (TV/projector). ● 10-Bit: Enjoy powerful 10-bit YUV hardware decoding for professional-quality video display. 10-bit encoding makes it possible to benefit from increased nuances (1.06 billion colors instead of 16 million in 8-bit). ● REC. 2020: Enjoy a wider color space for more saturated and richer colors. ● 4K 50/60p: Display your 4K 50p or 60p video content in 3840x2160p at 50 Hz or 60 Hz. ● Real Cinema: Auto framerate detection 24/50/60p (compatible with both 24.000 Hz / 23.976 Hz video output). ● Up-Scaling 4K: Display your videos with an ultra-high quality upscaling Ultra HD 4K (3840x2160 and 4096x2160). ● 3D Video Support: Enjoy all your 3D movies files (3D BD ISO, MKV 3D MVC) in true Full HD quality when linked up to any 3D-enabled TV or front projector for enhanced depth and improved on-screen image detail (two times better resolution than 3D Side-by-Side or Top-Bottom) with 3D subtitle support. Many 3D settings available including: 3D image depth, 3D subtitle depth, 3D interface depth, manual reversal of left-right images. ● Network Player: Connect your Zappiti on your local network and enjoy your content from a PC/MAC or a NAS via SMB. ● SMB Server: Access the contents located on the internal hard drive of the Zappiti Duo 4K HDR (or a connected hard drive) from a computer connected via local network. ● MKV Player: Playback SD, HD and UHD video content in MKV and other modern video file containers and formats,
including top quality HEVC/H.265 video codec with very high bit-rates > 400 Mbp/s. ● HDD Rack Option with Hot Swap Function: Easily and quickly insert and exchange internal 3.5'' SATA HDDs. ● USB Ports: Conveniently connect HDDs, USB flash drives, USB card readers and other USB storage devices. ● Ports USB 3.0 and Type-C: Read or copy your files in ultra high speed. ● Full Range of A/V Connectors: S/PDIF coaxial and optical audio output, audio analogue output (cinch), CVBS video analog output, HDMI 2.0a (Deep Color, xvYCC, 12 bits, and CEC). ● Multichannel home cinema audio: Bitstream, downmix stereo. ● Hi-Res Music Playback: Plays Hi-Res Audio quality (up to 192 kHz / 32-bit) music files in various formats (FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, WavPack, Monkey's Audio APE, DTS, AC3, etc). ● Video Output Flexibility: Output video in any resolution and format including SD, 1080p (1920x1080), Ultra HD
(3840x2160p) and true 4K (4096x2160p) up to 12-bit by primary color (36-bit). ● Many shortcuts and advanced playback features:
- 1-9: direct playback access to 10 - 90%.
- Cursor left and right: 10s rewind and forward.
- Cursor down and up: Fast rewind and forward (up to x32). ● Playback memory: Resume playback from the last position. ● Backlit Remote Control: High quality remote control with many direct access and shortcuts with backlit buttons. Descrete codes for universal remote control and advanced functions to control the audio volume of your TV or AV receiver. ● Bluetooth 4.0: Connect your wireless devices via Bluetooth such as joysticks, headphones, connected speakers ... ● Computer mouse: Connect a computer mouse to control the player and Android Apps. ● Keyboard: Connect a computer keyboard to control third-party applications and more convenient text input in the Zappiti application. ● Complete file management system: copy, cut, past (multitasking), delete, rename. ● Zappiti Media Control: Control your Zappiti player with the virtual remote control via your tablet or smartphone. ●Android:Download and install Android Apps from the GooglePlay. Easy access with streaming contents providers, VOD/SVOD, catch up TV (such as KARTINA TV / КАРТИНА ТВ), musical playback, social networks, news, weather info, trailers, games, internet radio and more… Warning! Some Android apps are not supported! ● Open GUI: Add apps shortcuts to the home page.
Zappiti Media Center V4 friendly
● Zappiti Media Center Interface: Browse your movie and TV show collection with cover art and media information: (subtitles, actors, director, release date...). Zappiti features an automatic category index of movies and TV shows directly to the player, without requiring a computer. ● Zappiti Search: Easy access to your movies or TV shows, thanks to Zappiti powerful search engine combined with smart filters (actor, director, length, rating, release date...). ● Zappiti Stand-Alone: Add, edit or delete movie covers directly on your Zappiti via the remote control (no PC required). Change the posters, edit the synopsis, change the associate category, etc. >Watch the film ● Zappiti on Start-up: Enable/disable start-up for Zappiti Media Center from system boot by Zappiti setting. >Watch the film...). ● Zappiti Collections: Create and manage one collection by each family member or one collection by HDD and switch
easily from one collection to another one. >Watch the film ● Parental Control: With the parental control feature, you can designate movies as ''children's'' and block access to
other movies with a PIN code. Thus, your children can safely access only their movies! In addition, the child mode
provides direct access to movies without the synopsis for greater ease of use. >Watch the film ● Movie Sagas: The saga films are automatically placed in groups and sorted by release date. A saga cover
dedicated to the collection is associated with the group and movies are displayed in a stunning carousel with great
3D motion effects! >Watch the film ● Automatic Seen Status: Your films and episodes are automatically marked as "Seen" or "Ongoing" status. ● Zappiti Off-line: Save a collection locally to use it without any Internet connection. >Watch the film ● Zappiti Trailers: Watch the trailer of your movies. >Watch the film ● Zappiti Sub: Thanks to Zappiti Sub, you can easily download the subtitle of a movie or TV show episode, directly
from the media player! ● Zappiti Sync: Thanks to Zappiti Sync, your movie collections are automatically synchronized to your other Zappiti players (multiroom) and to all your computers MAC and PC! ● Zappiti Explorer: Zappiti Explorer is the easiest way to launch the playback of most of multimedia files such as BD and DVD ISO, BDMV, M2TS, MKV, MP4, MOV, MP3, FLAC, JPG... Zappiti Explorer makes file exploration so easy! Just explore, click and enjoy your video, audio and photo contents! >Watch the film
● Chipset: Realtek RTD1295. ● CPU:
ARM® Cortex® CA53 x4 (Quad Core). ● GPU: Mali™-T820 MP3 (3 Core) (equivalent to an Octa-core Mali 450) - DirectX 11.1, OpenGLES 3.1, OpenGL 1.2, FP, ASTC, Renderscript. 4x Multi-Sampling Anti-Aliasing (MSAA). ● Operating System: 64-Bit. ● DSP: Video and Audio DSP with hardware acceleration. Native hardware 10-bit YUV support. Hardware performance optimizations for Zappiti UI.
● Cache: 1 MB L2. ● RAM: 2 GB DDR4. ● NAN eMMC: 16 GB (5.0). ● Connectors: HDMI 2.0a (TX/RX, CEC, Deep Color, 12 bits, xvYCC, MHL 3.0), 3x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.0, 1x USB Type-C, CVBS video analog output (both analog and digital video outputs are active at the same time), audio analog RCA (both analog and digital video outputs are active at the same time), S/PDIF coaxial and optical audio output (Toslink), Ethernet Gigabit 10/100/1000 M/bs, Wi-Fi 5G, SD / MMC card reader, AC connector, AC button On/Off (at the back), LED display on front panel controlled with RC. ● HDD Rack Option with Hot Swap Function: Easily and quickly insert and exchange internal 3.5'' SATA HDDs. ● Media sources: External HDD (USB), USB devices (USB flash drive, USB card reader, etc), built-in SD card reader (SD/SDHC/MMC), PC and NAS in local network (SMB, UPnP, HTTP), other Internet and local network media sources. External multi-bay USB storage enclosures supported. ● Internet navigator: Connect a computer mouse and keyboard to browse Internet as on a computer. ●DLNA: Full support of DLNA standard (1.5 or 2.0). ● SMB Server: Zappiti Share, OpenWRT ● Video codecs: HEVC, H.265, x265 (up to Main10 Level 6.1 High 60p in 4K), MVC, AVC, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, VC-1, H.264/x.264 (up to Full HD 60p and 4K 24p), FLV, AVS, XVID, DIVX (from version 4), Sorenson Spark L70, VP9 HW (up to 4K 60p) ; ultra high bitrate support (up to 400 Mbit/s in HEVC 4K). ● Video file formats: 3D BD ISO, BD ISO, BDMV, MKV, MKV 3D, MK3D, MPEG-TS, MPEG-PS, MPEG, MPE, MPG, TS, TP, M2TS, VOB, AVI, MOV, MP4, QT, WebM, DVD-ISO, VIDEO_TS, RMVB, RM, DAT, VOB, 3GP, FLV, DAT, AVCHD 2.0 (AVCHD 3D, AVHD Progressive). ● Video output flexibility: Output video in any resolution and format from SD to 1080p, Ultra HD (3840x2160) and 4K (4096x2160). Up to 4K 60p. Display your movies in true 24p (23,976 Hz ouput). ● Audio codecs: AC3, DTS MPEG, MP3, LPCM, ALAC, APE, M4A, AIFF, WAV, WMA, VSELP, FLAC, AAC, AAC-LC, HEAAC, HE-AAC v2, AMR-NB, OGG (Ogg/Vorbis), RA_COOK, WMA, WMA, LPCM, PCM, ADPCM, FLA ; lossless and audiophiles formats support (up to 192 kHz / 32-bit). ● Audio playback functions: Album cover / artist / category thumbnail support (folder.jpg), folder playback, random (shuffle), repeat playlist, repeat title. Musical slideshow for live concerts. Display the internal pages of album booklet or the back cover. ● Multichannel home cinema audio: Bitstream, downmix stereo (DTS, DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD HRA, DTS:X, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos). Warning! In SPDIF output, multichanel HD audio formats are donwmixed in stereo. Only HDMI can support HD audio formats such as Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD. ● Subtitle formats: SRT (Subrip / external), SUB (MicroDVD) (external), text (MKV), SSA/ASS (sous-station alpha / MKV, external), VobSub (MP4, MKV, SUB/IDX external), SMI (Sami), IDX, PGS (BD ISO, BDMV, M2TS, MKV), DVBSUB (DVB-T, DVB-S, DVB-C). Download subtitle option. 3D subtitles support with depth settings. Multi-coding. ● 3D Hardware acceleration: OpenGL. ● Photo file formats: JPEG (hardware decoding), PNG, BMP, GIF (resolution up to 8192x8192 pixels). Musical slideshow option with dynamic transition effects. ●Supported formatting: FAT16/FAT32 (read-write), EXT2/EXT3 (read-write), NTFS (read-write). ● Ethernet: 10/100/1000 Mb/s. ● Wi-Fi: 8IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n, 802.11AC, 2.4 GHz / 4.900 GHz ~ 5.845 GHz (5.0 GHz ISM Band). Dual band. Dual external antenna. ● Bluetooth 4.0: BT4.0 ● Android 6.0: Install and enjoy additional apps via GooglePlay. Warning! Some Android apps are not suitable for use with the remote control. In this case, use a connected computer mouse or an AirMouse (not supplied). ● Mirroring audio / photo / video : Mirroring your Android or iOS device's display and sound on your TV, showing off photos from a recent trip, or listening your favorite songs. ● Network playback: Special optimisation of the network, guaranteeing better performances of the local network playback no matter which type of media thanks to SMB protocol (HEVC UHD files included) via Gigabit Ethernet or Ethernet 10/100. ● Universal RC: Integrate seamlessly into smart home installations via ready-to-use Control4 driver, RTI driver Crestron IP codes, Logitech, Pronto, and general IP codes. Power ON and Power OFF discrete codes.
>Click here for more info
Accessories > Backlite IR remote control > HDMI cable compatible 2.0 with braided sleeve and gold-plated connectors > Ethernet cable > USB Type-C cable > AC/DC Power adapter(INPUT: 100V-240V 50/60 Hz / OUTPUT: 12VDC2000mA) > Quick Install Guide
Zappiti Duo 4K HDR review - Award AVHD. 5/5 stars.
The Zappiti Duo 4K HDR is an unquestionable success, the new reference of 4K HDR media players to date. With full multimedia and network support, a Zappiti MCE interface that combines aesthetics and ergonomics, a wide range of connectivity options, but also, and above all, a high-quality 1080p, 3D and 4K; the Zappiti Duo 4K HDR is a great achievement.