The universal Media Center "Zappiti" organizes automatically your media collection (Movies, TV Shows, Musics) in categories and offers a simple, easy and stylish navigation by using cover arts or album thumbnails browsing with synopsis and various media infos. Zappiti Player is the most affordable universal solution for Full HD 3D video and audio playback as well as Universal Media Center plateform. Supporting most of all digital audio and video formats, including all modern 3D video standards such as 3D BD ISO, MVC, SBS and Top/Bottom, audiophile lossless up to 24 bit /192 kHz, the Zappiti Player sets an entirely new
standard. Zappiti Player is equipped with an internal 3.5" SATA HDD (up to 4 TB) bay with hot swap function and Ethernet Gigabit.
Modular Entertainment Station Features
● 3D Video Format Support: Decodes wide variety of 3D Video formats, including 3D BD ISO, MVC, SBS, Top/Bottom and RealD 3D.
● HDD Player: Plays content from any HDD (NAS, USB, SATA)
● Network Player: Connect Zappiti Player to a local network and play content directly from PC or NAS via UPnP SMB, or NFS.
● MKV Player: Playback HD and SD video in MKV containers and other modern video file formats, including top quality HD video with very high bit-rates > 50Mbp/s.
● USB Ports: Conveniently connect HDDs, USB flash drives, USB card readers and other USB storage devices without a USB hub.
● HDD Rack Option with Hot Swap Function: Easily and quickly insert and exchange internal 3.5’’ SATA HDDs for nearly unlimited storage capacity expansion.
● HDMI 1.4: Ensures broad compatibility to the very latest 3D TV’s, displays and projectors.
● Full Range of A/V Connectors: S/PDIF Optical and Coaxial Audio, Analog Stereo Audio, HDMI 1.4, Component Video, Composite Video.
● High-Definition Audio Playback: Output bitstream (up to 7.1 channels) or decode to LPCM (up to 7.1 channels) for maximum flexibility when connecting audio equipment.
● High-Quality Music Playback: Plays very high-quality (up to 192 Khz / 24-bit) music files in various formats (FLAC, ALAC, WavPack, Monkey’s Audio APE, WAV/PCM, DTS, etc).
● Playlist Support: Build playlists from folders, use your own play lists with repeat and shuffle functions.
● Video Output Flexibility: Output video in any resolution and format (from SD to 1080p, 24p/PAL/NTSC).
● Playback Shortcuts:
- 1 to 9: direct playback access (10 to 90%).
- LEFT/RIGHT: 10 sec. backward/forward.
- UP/DOWN: 1 min. backward/forward.
- P-/P+ : 10 min. backward/forward.
● Resume Playback: Save the playback position of the 200 previous played files (DVD/Blu-ray files included).
● Video Up-Scaling: High quality up-scaling of DVD and any other SD video content to Full HD (1080p) or other HD resolutions.
● File Browser: Convenient file browser with powerful file management (copy, move, delete, rename, organize, sort).
● Zappiti User Interface: Work with media collections using cover art and icon browsing (supports Full HD graphics) for Movie TV Shows and Music files. Movie covers and movie info grab (subtitles, actors, director, release date, ...) from Zappiti Media Center (Windows software).
● Media Center: Automatic indexation in categories.
● Zappiti on Startup: Launch Zappiti automatically by custom setting.
● External NAS Support: Access files on any external storage devices (HDD, optical drive, etc)
attached to the player from the local network (using SMB or FTP).
● Open GUI: Add your own wallpapers, buttons, ...
● Flash Applications: Extend player functionality with FlashLite applications.
● Internet Radio: Playback and record various Internet radio stations.
● IPTV: Playback and record IPTV streams (multicast UDP/RTP) from Internet providers (check availability of multicast UDP/RTP streams with your Internet provider).
● Tablets and smartphones: Thanks to Zappiti Media Control App, explore your movies, TV episodes and music collections through a powerfull search engine, control your PC or your Zappiti Player with virtual remote and control your musics without TV. (Android / iOS).
● Internet Browsing: View Internet web sites on your TV using the built-in web browser.
● Processor: Sigma Designs 8672 - most stable solution from Sigma Designs.
● RAM: 512 MB.
● Flash memory: 256 MB.
● Media sources: HDMI 1.4, 3x USB 2.0 (2x rear, 1x front), composite, component, analog stereo output, optical and coaxial S/PDIF, Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mb/s, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n (in option via Dune HD Air ), SD card slot (front), power input, power switch On/Off (back), LED indicator (front), LED Front Panel.
● Internal storage: Internal HDD rack with hot swap function for SATA HDD 3.5". Plug your HDD in computer tray or optional eSATA / USB 3.0 HDD Dock Station for the fastest possible way of transferring data between PC and HDD.
● DVB-T support: via Dune DVB-T USB Dongle in option.
● Media sources: external HDD (USB), external optical drive (USB), USB devices (USB flash drive, USB card reader, etc), built-in SD card reader (SD/SDHC), PC and NAS in local network (SMB, NFS, UPnP, HTTP), other Internet and local network media sources (HTTP, multicast UDP RTP).
● Web Browser: Opera, WebKit
● Widgets support: when using NetFront browser.
● HbbTV and iPlayer support: when using NetFront browser.
● DLNA: Full DLNA (1.5 or 2.0) standard support.
● Adobe Flash: 3.1 (Lite, standalone) supported.
● DRM options: Microsoft DRM10 and PlayReady, Verimatrix, Secure Media, Flash Access (in work).
● Video codecs: MPEG-2, MPEG-4, XVID, WMV9, VC-1, H.264; support for very high bitrate video (up to 50 MBit/s and higher).
● Video file formats: 3D BD ISO, BD ISO, BDMV, MKV, MPEG-TS, MPEG-PS, M2TS, VOB, AVI, MOV, MP4, QT, ASF, WMV, DVD-ISO, VIDEO_TS.
● 3D Video Support: MVC, Side-by-side, Top/Bottom
● Video output modes: wide range of supported output resolutions (up to 1080p) and framerates (including 23.976p, 24p, PAL, NTSC).
● Video output framerate: automatic (according to the played content) and manual.
● Audio codecs: AC3, Dolby Digital (bitstream, PCM), DTS (bitstream, PCM), MPEG, AAC, LPCM, WMA, WMAPro, ALAC, WavPack, FLAC, multichannel FLAC, Ogg/Vorbis; support for very high quality audio (up to 192 kHz / 24-bit).
● HD audio support: pass-through (up to 7.1 channels) and decoding (up to 7.1 channels).
● Audio file formats: MP3, MPA, M4A, WMA, FLAC, ALAC, WavPack, APE (Monkey’s Audio), Ogg/Vorbis, WAV, AC3, AAC.
● Hardware 3D Graphics Acceleration: OpenGL support.
● Subtitle formats: SRT (external), SUB (MicroDVD) (external), text (MKV), SSA/ASS (MKV, external), VobSub (MP4, MKV, external SUB/IDX), PGS (Blu-ray, TS, MKV), DVBSUB (DVB-T, DVB-S, DVB-C).
● Picture file formats: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF.
● Playlist file formats: M3U, PLS.
● Photo viewer functions: slideshow, transition effects, picture rotation, zoom, browse playlist, repeat, shuffle.
● Audio playback functions: browse playlist, repeat, shuffle, ID3 tags, plasma TV burn-in prevention.
● D-BOX: digital audio outpout in both S/PDIF and HDMI simultaneous for multi-room audio and D-BOX compatibility.
● Filesystems: FAT16/FAT32 (read-write), EXT2/EXT3 (read-write), NTFS (read-write).
● Ethernet: 10/100/1000 Mb/s.
● Wi-Fi: Internal Wi-Fi (b/g/n) module.
● Network Playback Accelerator: special optimizations ensuring best-in-class network playback performance for the Sigma Designs 8672 platform and enabling smooth playback of any supported kind of media content via any network protocol (including NFS and SMB) even in 100 Mbit/s Ethernet networks.
Unit dimensions without legs (W x D x H): 430 x 252 x 49 mm
Unit dimensions with legs (W x D x H): 430 x 252 x 55 mm
Gift Box dimensions: 490 x 316 x 110 mm
Gross weight: 3.35 Kg
Net weight: 2.45 Kg
Country of origin: France/Taiwan.
Zappiti Media Center software development: France.
GUI and Design: France.
Zappiti Player Firmware Zone...
Zappiti Player Forum...